Your shopping bag is empty
We source Live Lobsters from Supreme Lobster, Chicago's leading seafood distributor, known for the best quality fresh fish, seafood, and lobsters.
|Lobster Storage Do’s:||Lobster Storage Don’ts:|
We strongly recommend boiling live lobsters. This is the easiest technique for beginners. The best way to boil is in water flavored with sea salt, in the water. The water actually adds weight to the lobster meat while some methods tend to dry out the lobster meat.
- Fill your lobster pot with water. Allow three quarts of water per 1.25 pounds of lobsters, they should be totally submerged in water.
- Add 1/4 cup of Sea Salt for each gallon of water. (4 quarts = 1 gallon). This adds significant flavor to the lobsters.
- Bring the salt water to a rolling boil.
- Put your live lobsters in one at a time using gloves or tongs. Do not cover.
- Stir the lobsters halfway through boiling. (2-6 Lobsters for 11-12 minutes)
- Boiled lobsters will be bright red when done.
- Place boiled lobsters in cool water or let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
THIS ITEM CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED AS AN ADD-ON TO ANY FRESH FARM BOX.